The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a highly competitive entrance exam in India conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs)
What is CAT ?
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level management aptitude test for aspirants to make a career in management and business administration and it is conducted by Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). This computer-based exam assesses the aptitude of graduates who intend to pursue management education and it is usually held once a year, usually in November last week. A key advantage of taking the CAT exam is the opportunity to study at the best management colleges in India. CAT is widely perceived as Mother of All Management Exams in India. Around 2.2 lakh students appeared for the CAT 2022.
Eligibility for CAT
Candidates applying for CAT should fulfil any one of the following conditions:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks*.
- Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage*.
- Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage*.
*SC/ST/PwD candidates should have a minimum 45%. For General, EWS and NC-OBC candidates, the minimum is 50%.
The Nuts and Bolts of the CAT:
|Section per CAT 2022
|Time Allotted (minutes)
|Number of Questions
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
|Quantitative Ability (QA)
Overview of CAT Quantitative Reasoning Section
The Quantitative Aptitude section is the most robust section in terms of something that can give you a definitive syllabus. It consists of questions based on various topics such as arithmetic, algebra, geometry, number system, and modern maths – probability, permutation, and combination, set theory etc. The Quant section evaluates a candidate’s mathematical and analytical skills.
Overview of CAT Verbal Reasoning Section
In terms of CAT Syllabus across the sections, the VARC section is the simplest to describe. Building a habit of reading is the closest to what one might call as Syllabus. Reading Comprehension accounts for 2/3rd of this section historically with comprehensions ranging from Economics to Science to Philosophy to Sports to Abstract. The other part consists of verbal logic which includes Para jumbles, odd one out, paragraph summary and paragraph completion but you can always look out for newer patterns in this section.
Overview of CAT Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning Section
The DILR section has been elusive in terms of giving us a definitive syllabus for this section. It is by far the most dynamic section in CAT with new types of questions being introduced almost every year. The most common areas questioned include bar graphs, arrangements, data mapping, set theory , puzzles and games and tournaments .
CAT @ Logic Academy
|CAT Busy Bee
|CAT Early Bird
Unfair Advantage @ Logic Academy for CAT Aspirants
- Star Faculty , IIM and Harvard Alum Sessions
- 75+ Topic Based Tests with Easy , Medium and Difficult Level for each topic
- Smaller Batch Size , Personalized Attention
- Uniquely Designed 50 Kitten Tests on track to crack CAT
- 20+ Mocks with detailed Solutions
- 25+ CAT Whiskers Paper for High Achievers
- Workshop Classes for other exams like SNAP , NMAT , XAT , IIFT , CMAT
- 5 Mocks each for SNAP , NMAT , XAT , IIFT , CMAT
- Booster Courses that is our favourite with students for Percentile Enhancing
- Content Quality matching exact CAT Standards
- Mocks Analysis and Strategy Sessions
- Dedicated Doubt Sessions
- Recorded Sessions facility for revision
Detailed Section Wise Offerings
- Sessions that take you back to the roots and then linking them with the concept, which actually results in proper understanding rather than just mugging up the formulas.
- Logic Based teaching methodology.
- Step-by step approach moving from Basic to Intermediate to Master level that makes you fit for any surprise that CAT can bring.
- Students undergo a program that acquaints them with some 80 roots of the English Language.
- Episodic methodologies to achieve complete control over elements of the English Language and its usages that is intricately designed to build the essential skills you need to ace the CAT VARC section.
- Methodology of enhancing one’s word power: Cracking the crossword from leading news papers through an immensely interactive session with the students on regular basis.
- Pattern specific workshops to Master the Art of Reading Comprehension and other patterns.
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Introduction to framework and concept building sessions for Logical Reasoning.
- Concept Building and skill development sessions to apply in Data Interpretation.
- Sessions to master hybrid concepts most common in CAT DILR Section.
- Workshops to cover every single variety tested in CAT till date.
- Our specialized booster DILR course to increase percentile score by at least 10 points.
An Epitome and a product of our Unique Pedagogy that aims at inculcating in students spoken English skills, verbal reasoning skills, and leadership skills empowering them to face the interviews, group discussion, and WAT tests.
The official quizzing community of Logic Academy that aims to instil among students a curious mindset and inspire them to explore the world around them using quizzing as a medium. This becomes an important guide for students to crack GDPI/WAT rounds of management institutes.
Congratulations to our outstanding students who have achieved the highest results in their exams! Your dedication, hard work, and commitment to excellence have paid off brilliantly. Your success is not just a reflection of your intelligence, but also a testament to your determination. Keep reaching for the stars and inspiring us all!
Result - 99.32%ile
Result - 99.33%ile
Result - 96.24%ile
IIM- B,C,L,K,S,I and New IIMs
IIM Nagpur, All New IIMs
IIM-Nagpur, Bodh Gaya and Sambalpur, NMMIS, GIM, IMI
Goa Institute of Management , Narsee Monjee Bangalore, Great Lakes Institute of Management , FORE School of Management Delhi, K J Somaiya Institute of Management Mumbai , TAPMI Manipal and Institute of Management , Nirma University Ahmedabad